October 19, 2016
NCA Submits Corrective Actions to Prevent Recurrence of Maintenance Issues
On October 5, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism (MLIT) issued a serious warning to NCA about inappropriate maintenance work that was conducted by the company. In response to this serious warning, NCA has submitted its corrective action plan to the MLIT with details of the changes that will prevent a recurrence of these maintenance issues.
The key points of this corrective action plan include:
- Improved handling of maintenance records and new documentation when work cannot be completed in accordance with the maintenance standards
- Improved supervisor monitoring of the progress of work performed by mechanics
- Improved systems for communicating between field and technical departments
- Regular rotation of mechanics to resolve insufficient communication and stimulating the organization
- Thorough monitoring of maintenance work on malfunctions
- More direct communications between safety supervisors and maintenance department staff to improve awareness of safety and compliance standards
- Implementation of safety and compliance education for all employees
NCA conducted a comprehensive review of previous maintenance activity and did not identify any other instances where a similar maintenance infraction occurred.
NCA takes this warning very seriously and is committed to restoring trust in the company by continuing to follow instructions from the MLIT and by implementing the preventive measures that will ensure such incidents are not repeated in the future.
Nippon Cargo Airlines Corporate planning